Please visit my Blog at http://sidmohasseb.blogspot.com
• • • • • In addition to strategic leadership, Mr. Mohasseb’s over 20 years of experience has lead to creation of focused pockets of expertise that require diversity of knowledge and hands on experience:
• Funding & Financing: Mergers & Acquisitions
• Building & Harvesting: Startups & Turnaround
• Development and Commercialization of Intellectual Property
• Creation of learning bodies through facilitation & coaching
• Assisting executives formulate strategies and execute effectively
Mergers / Acquisition + Funding & Financing
Negotiations -- as a Harvard Business School trained negotiator, Mohasseb has negotiated and structured numerous multiparty ventures, including private equity placements, Leverage Buyouts, Pre- and post-acquisition strategy formation, conventional financing, management buyouts and strategic partnerships.
Leveraged Buy Out & Acquisition -- as an active lead was responsible for Acquisition, turn around and ultimate disposition of NDT Systems, Inc. from Dupont – Acting as principal / investor, an outside corporate director and a special consultant / advisor to CEO.
Consulting support -- in merger of Wells Fargo and Crocker Bank, Hughes Helicopter and McDonnell Douglas and acquisition of Krauses Sofa Factory and Western costumes (Paramount Studios).
Fund Raising -- Identification, presentation and negotiations with angel investors for the Competitive Knowledge, Inc. , a technology based startup company. Followed with strategic targeting of Venture Capital investment, negotiations and placement of funding.
Partnership Formation -- targeting and execution of over 35 strategic partnerships with technology companies and brick and mortar organizations on behalf of Competitive Knowledge.
Intellectual Property, Publications,
Facilitation, Teaching & Media Credits
Publications: some titles include: Knowledge: the True Return on Information Technology, Strategic Logistics and Location Analysis, Restorative Management, Components as Commodities, The Role of Operations Research in Asset Allocation Planning, and Transcending Transaction: Achieving competitiveness through the Internet. Saeed (Sid) has published articles in Energy magazine, Houston Business Journal, CEO Express and USA Technology, as well as, other daily and weekly publications and is a frequent contributor to the Management Handbook of Strategy.
Teaching & Facilitation: Over 15 years of transferring knowledge and experience through hands on workshops conducted for over 8500 middle managers and hundreds of senior executives across many organizations nationwide. Teaching has been a passion for Mr. mohasseb that was initially fueled by grading various classes and acting as a teaching assistance during his studies at USC and nurtured by devising educational workshops and facilitative learning sessions for the adults. He is a frequent lecturer at Paul Mirage Business School (UCI), Saddleback Collage, University of Southern California and PepperdineUniversity as well as a faculty member of the power of angel investing sponsored by the Kaufman foundation.
Innovations: software solutions, for example: the Resource Allocation model (RAM) – winner of Kleps award, State of California’s award for innovation in government, Executive Dashboard client server and Internet models, and Operations Planner Resource Optimization model, as well as, the HOPES Utility Forecasting system and the Interactive Sentence Screening system.
Patents: co-credited for two pending business process patents on cross industry dynamic benchmarking through Internet and interactive user, site object, customer and product profiling.
Speaking Engagements: frequent key note speaker, seminars and facilitation of executive discussions on process re-engineering, strategic planning and the new economy.
Media Credits: served as the host and moderator for a national radio program on good Business practices with a 7.5 million audience in four states.
Strategic & Operational Management Consulting
Mohasseb has consulted on a diverse range of topics across a wide spectrum of industries. His projects have included business strategy formulation, corporate and government planning, organizational restructuring, and process re-engineering, as well as, mergers and acquisitions.
Solutions accentuated have been sensitive to the unique culture of each client and have focused on enhancing the performance of their systems and people.
Mohasseb has put his skills to work for both the private and the public sector clients. Clients Include:
• Administratively Unified Courts of Los Angels
• Allegheny County, Court of Common Pleas
• American Honda Motor Company
• Beverly Enterprises
• California Administrative Office of Courts
• California Department of Transportation (CALTRANS)
• Carl Karcher Enterprises
• CCH - Computax
• Central Judicial District, Orange County
• Church of Latter-Day Saints
• Citrus Judicial District
• City of Long Beach, CA
• City of New York, NY
• City of Pasadena, CA
• County and City of Sacramento, CA
• County of Broward, FL
• County of Clark and City of Las Vegas, NV
• County of Cook, IL
• County of Jefferson & City of Louisville, KY
• County of Los Angeles, CA
• County of Maricopa, AZ
• County of Pima, AZ
• County of Riverside, CA
• County of Suffolk, MA
• County of Yolo, CA
• Employ America
• Federal Reserve Bank of Los Angeles
• First Interstate Bank
• General Telephone Company
• Grumman Space Systems
• Home Savings Of America
• Hughes Helicopter
• Hughes Micro Electronics
• International Business Machines - IBM
• ISD Corporation
• Johnny Rockets
• Krauses Sofa Factory
• Langenthal Corporation
• Long Beach Judicial District
• Malibu Judicial District
• Marie Callender's
• Mattel Toys Inc.
• McDonnell Douglas
• Micrologics Inc.
• Morrison & Foerster LLP
• Motorola Inc.
• National Center for State Courts
• National Medical Enterprises (NME)
• National Starch and Chemical Corporation
• NDT Systems, Inc.
• Orange County Superior Court
• Pac*Tel - Pacific Bell
• Paramount Pictures Corporation
• Riverside Judicial District
• San Diego Housing Commission
• Santa Barbara County
• Southern California Gas Company
• State of California
• State of Texas
• State of Washington
• TelAutograph (Omnifax)
• Toyota Motor Company
• Tuftex Industries
• Union Bank
• Wells Fargo Bank
• Zeus Components (Arrow)