Exploring the Collective Conscious
Prior to the KPMG acquisition of Wise Window, Inc. , a data analytics company, in April 2012, Sid Mohasseb was the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board for Wise Window, Inc. At KPMG, he is a Managing Director for Data Analytics and the national lead for Data Analytics Driven Dynamic Strategy & Execution practice as well as a member of the KPMG US DA leadership team. Additionally, he is an Adjunct professor at University of Southern California (USC) Marshall Business School as well as Argyros School of Business and Economics at Chapman University.
Prior to Wise Window, Mohasseb was the Managing Director of Venture Farm LLC, a seed funding firm and the president of Tech Coast Angels, the largest Angel investment organization in North America. He has served as the CEO of Vital Source, Inc., a global distributor of electronic components with offices in the US, Europe and Asia, where he led the company on a 30-fold revenue growth over a three year period. He was also the Chairman / CEO of Competitive Knowledge, Inc. (CKI) – a, data focused, VC backed Internet Company. Sid (Saeed) has also served on a number of for profit and not for profit corporate and advisory boards
After his tenure as a partner at the SGS Group (a national management consulting firm), he founded Anabasis-Straub, a strategy and operations management consultancy entity, serving municipalities and Fortune 500 clients and focusing on mergers acquisitions and turnarounds.
| Broad Areas of Expertise
• Data & Analytics Powered Dynamic Strategy Formulation and Execution: Acted as a strategy and operations management consultant for large and medium sized organizations across various industries. Founded companies that grew based on extensive use of analytics and data as their strategic weapon – commercially applied analytics. Architect of the “Exertive Strategy Concept : Dynamic Strategy Formulation & Execution, Powered by Data Analytics.
• Development and Commercialization of Intellectual Property: Building and positioning Data and Analytics centric software and hardware solutions across 20 plus industries. Chief architect for award-winning software solutions such as the process re-engineering / Resource Allocation model – winner of the California Kleps Award for Innovation, HOPES Utility Forecasting system and the Sentence Screening system.
• Funding and Financing – Mergers and Acquisitions: Instrumental in a number of corporate acquisitions, post-acquisition and turnaround activities, serving as an investor and advisor, as well as an executive operator in the technology , banking, home furnishing, and aerospace sectors. Instrumental in securing tens of millions of dollar for early stage companies as a member of the management team and / or board member.
• Building and Harvesting - Start-ups and Turnarounds: Started multiple early stage companies, managed their growth and ultimate acquisition. As an operator, board member and investor helped manage multiple corporate turnarounds.
- Data & Analytics action centric solution formulation across the information connected enterprise, focusing on balancing Growth, Risk, and Effectiveness.
- Strategy Formulation
- Corporate Restructuring and growth management
- Early and mid market venture investment
- Adjunct Professor of Entrepreneurship, Chapman University
- Former Advisory Board member, Chapman University Business School
- Former Advisory Board member, University of California at Irvine Business School
- Former Faculty at Saddleback Collage
- Founding President of the Orange County Chapter of TiE
- Past President of Tech Coast Angels, Orange County
- Member of California Assembly Committee for Economic Growth
Corporate Board Services (examples)
- Anabasis, Inc. – Chairman
- Clupidia, Inc.
- Vital Source, Inc.
- NDT Systems, Inc.
- Competitive Knowledge (chairman)
- Trend Point Systems, Inc
- AccuScore (Orion, Inc.)
- Wise Window (Chairman)
- B.S. University of Southern California (USC) in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research
- M.S. University of Southern California (USC) in Operations Research / Tech. Economical Planning
- Harvard Business School trained negotiator